- Inflammation and swelling of the synovial lining of the first dorsal compartment at wrist
- Caused by overuse of forceful grasp coupled with ulnar deviation
- Symptom :-
- Pain radiating distally into the thumb
- Pain when involves thumb movement.
- Weakness of grip and pinch
- Tenderness and swelling are found over the tendon sheath in the radial styloid process area
Darlene Hertling, Randolph M. Kessler: Management of Common Musculoskeletal Disorders, Physical Therapy Principles and Methods. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2006.
S. Brent Brotzman, Kevin E. Wilk: Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, 2nd Ed. Philadelphia. Mosby.2003.