- Known as “Slipped Disc”
- An excessive mechanical stresses on spine and the degenerative of the intervertebral disc and cause the displacement of the disc
- Commonly occur at the L4-5 level or L5-S1 level
- Accelerated by :-
- Excessive loading on the spine
- Loss of curvature
- Excessive lordosis of the spine
- High risk on person who :-
- Symptoms :-
- Leg pain and paresthesias
- Coughing or sneezing will aggravate pain
- Painful after prolonged sitting or standing, bend forward, squatting
Darlene Hertling, Randolph M. Kessler: Management of Common Musculoskeletal Disorders, Physical Therapy Principles and Methods. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2006.
S. Brent Brotzman, Kevin E. Wilk: Clinical Orthopaedic Rehabilitation, 2nd Ed. Philadelphia. Mosby.2003.